– WBHF Radio interview on October 1
– WBHF Radio interview on October 15
– Article in October 1 issue of the Bartow Neighbor on First Friday event
– Photo with description in October 4 Daily Tribune News on Sample Our City
– Article in October 7 issue of The Bartow Trader on October “Second” Friday event
– Mention in October 8 issue of Today’s Fax on the October “Second” Friday event
– Front cover and article in October 14 issue of The Bartow Trader on Cartersville Bluegrass & Folk Festival
– Article in October 14 issue of The Daily Tribune News on Cartersville Bluegrass & Folk Festival
– Article on October 14 on Patch.com on Cartersville Bluegrass & Folk Festival
– WBHF Radio interview on September 5
– Mention in September 24 Hometown Headline about Sample Our City
– Mention in September 24 Today’s Fax about Sample Our City
– Article in September 27 The Daily Tribune News about Sample Our City
SAMPLE OUR CITY:
A total of 137 tickets were sold for the 3rd annual Sample Our City event. A survey to all the downtown businesses who participated in the event is currently being circulated for feedback on whether or not this event should continue and/or ways the event should be improved moving forward.
The postponed October First Friday event was held on Friday, October 10. Sponsored by Academy Sports + Outdoors, the event featured a corn hole tournament, DJ, kid’s activities, and downtown business displays.
The November First Friday will be held on Friday, November 7. The “Giving Thanks” event will feature various local nonprofit groups set up around downtown highlighting their services and needs. November 7 is also our downtown Candlelight Shopping event.
CARTERSVILLE BLUEGRASS & FOLK FESTIVAL:
The second annual Cartersville Bluegrass & Folk Festival was held on Saturday, October 18. The full day event featured 13 bands, including two popular headliners; more than 20 vendors; and a variety of children’s activities. It is estimated more than 3,000 people attended the event. Huge thanks to all the sponsors who made the free-to-attend event possible: Cohutta Fishing, Coosa Valley Credit Union, Lara J Designs, Robert Loehr, Johnny on the Spot, Fusion Dance, Bartow History Museum, Hotel Meeting Match, and Georgia Highlands Medical Services.
DOWNTOWN DESIGN PLAN:
The board of the Downtown Development Authority of Cartersville met on Tuesday, October 21, to discuss the Downtown Design Plan and their recommendations for implementation. Items discussed included a new covered pavilion in Friendship Plaza; a possible readjustment to parking along Wall Street and Museum Drive; added green space to Friendship Plaza and Founder’s Oak Park; an interactive play area added near the fountain, across from City Hall; and the trees/planters along Wall Street. Additional information about the plan will be forthcoming.
The October Monthly Mixer was held at It’s About Time Boutique on October 14. Information about upcoming events and activities were shared, with much of the discussion centering around the recent pruning and planter installation of the tree in front of It’s About Time Boutique. The next Mixer will be Tuesday, November 11, from 5:30-7:00 PM at The Olive Branch Boutique.
NOVEMBER DOWNTOWN CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
November 5 – Economic Development Committee at 9 AM at train depot
November 6 – Promotions Committee at 8:30 AM at train depot
November 7 – Hometown Thanks First Friday, plus downtown Candlelight Shopping from 5-8 PM
November 11 – DDA Offices/Welcome Center Closed in Observance of Veteran’s Day
– Monthly Mixer at The Olive Branch Boutique from 5:30-7:00 PM
November 13 – Design Committee Meeting at 2 PM at Bartow History Museum
November 20 – DDA Board Meeting at 8:30 AM at train depot
November 27 & 28 – DDA Offices/Welcome Center Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
November 29 – Small Business Saturday
Keep informed on all things happening downtown by visiting the website at www.downtowncartersville.org.